Outlook Ohio News: Who is Really Boycotting Beauty and The Beast
The release of Beauty and The Beast is coming and not without its share of scandal. The movie has leaked a minor gay theme and kiss which has upset a variety of Christian organizations that are threatening to boycott the movie.
According to Faith Driven Consumes, who claim to represent 41 million American,
New Survey of 6,700 Faith Driven Consumers finds that the “exclusively gay moment” in Disney’s upcoming BEAUTY AND THE BEAST severely impacts Disney’s standing with this large and economically powerful segment of 41 million moviegoers. 94% of FDCs are now less likely to spend money with Disney as a whole.
FDC’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Research¹
- 95% of Faith Driven Consumers are less likely to see BEAUTY AND THE BEAST due to Disney’s decision to include an “exclusively gay moment” in the film.
- 94% of Faith Driven Consumers are now less likely to spend money with Disney as a whole in light of the “exclusively gay moment” in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, coming on top of Disney’s long-standing pattern.
- 58% of Faith Driven Consumers think the primary motivation behind Disney’s decision to include an “exclusively gay moment” in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST was “to normalize homosexuality.” 19% think the motivation was “to be intentionally inclusive of LGBT people;” 15% “to reject biblical Christian values regarding homosexuality;” 3% each for “to accommodate LGBT employees at Disney” and “to accurately reflect real-world diversity.”
- 87% of Faith Driven Consumers feel that Disney is not equally inclusive of Christians with biblically based values. Only 4% believe Disney is equally inclusive of this community.
- A majority (52%) of Faith Driven Consumers say Disney does not meet their entertainment needs well at all. Another 25% say Disney meets their entertainment needs only slightly well. 5% of FDCs say Disney meets their entertainment needs very or extremely well.
- 62% of Faith Driven Consumers say Disney does not reflect their values well at all. Another 22% say Disney reflects their values only slightly well. 3% of FDCs say Disney reflects their values very or extremely well.
Let’s hope that the good Christians of America do not learn of Nina West or she could be next on the boycott list.
— Alie G (@AlieG91) February 26, 2017